Alex will fight to get justice for those who suffer maritime injuries at work, whether onboard or ashore.
Alex has litigated hundreds of cases throughout Washington State, including cases involving wrongful death, maritime injury, construction site injury, insurance bad faith, logging accidents, workplace injury, product liability, premises liability, medical malpractice, disclosure of medical information, shootings, explosions, airplane crash and injury, and traumatic brain injury.
Alex started working in personal injury in 2004. He joined Injury at Sea as a legal intern in 2006, became an associate attorney in 2008, and a shareholder in 2016. In 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020, Alex French was awarded the Rising Star Super Lawyers Award, which is awarded to the top 2.5% of attorneys in state.
Alex has helped to shape and change the law in a Washington Court of Appeals insurance bad faith decision Leahy v. State Farm Mut. Auto. Ins. Co., and in a Washington Supreme Court case, Kim, et. al. v. Lakeside Adult Family Home, et. al., creating civil liability for mandatory reporters who fail to report abuse and neglect of vulnerable adults.
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Judicial Externship, Honorable Andrea Darvas, King County Superior Court, Seattle, WA, 2007
- University of Washington, B.A., Communications and Sociology, 2004
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington, 2016
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington, 2014
- State of Washington, 2008
- American Association for Justice, Member, 2017 - Present
- Washington State Association for Justice, Eagle Member, 2011- Present
- Washington State Association for Justice, Member, 2008 – Present